Skip to main content

The Dubai in London Party: what are you doing on 13th August?

Regular readers may remember that I helped my mates out over at Dubai Reunited with a few branding and PR bits and pieces earlier in the year, especially for their first event, the Royal Wedding Garden Party. Dubai Reunited is now working hard to promote what promises to be Dubai's biggest overseas gathering this August, the Dubai in London Party.

(Yes, this is a shameless plug but I'm going for it anyway.)

What's it all about? Well, for a mere AED 250 per person you'll have the chance to inject a bit of much-needed Dubai heat into the no-doubt dreary British sorry excuse for a summer. Basically, Dubai Reunited is bringing the best of Dubai to London; expect a party heaving with up-for-it expats enjoying shisha, shwarma and other nice Middle-Eastern things, with a packed dance floor thanks to the glorious disc-spinning skills of a gaggle of Radio 2 DJs (Daisy's my personal favorite, btw). Oh yeah, and you'll be fed delicious things as part of the ticket price.

Even better, there's a competition running to win a weekend for two in London, with return Dubai-London flights... plus free tickets to the event - get to it!

In addition to this, rugby fans will be entertained with an afternoon social Rugby 10s tournament reminiscent of 'old' Dubai (or so my long-term expat friends inform me), which will see teams from around the Gulf battling it out against British teams for the Dubai Reunited Rugby Cup. It's all in a good cause too since it's raising funds for the very worthy Christina Noble Children's Foundation (CNCF).

In fact, Dubai Reunited is still calling for amateur and semi-pro players to help make up some of the teams. So if you can tell the difference between a Gary Owen and a Grubber and you fancy getting muddy for charity, drop an email to: info@dubaireunited.com.

Facebook fans, you know what to do.

Comments

Brody said…
Hire a Yacht in Dubai nice trip i like to do this

Popular posts from this blog

Apologies for being incommunicado this week and hope none of you out there are too distraught not to be receiving the usual almost-daily MotV missives. The reason for the silence is that I'm up to my neck, metaphorically-speaking, in research papers for my first grad course assessment. This experience has made me realise how rigorously un-academic I am in my thinking. It has also illuminated how reliant I am on red wine in order to get through endless evenings typing furiously on my laptop, not to mention the fueling of increasingly colorful curses that I feel obliged to aim at the University's online library system which consistently refuses to spit out any of the journals I'm desperate for (I refuse to believe this is 100% due to my technical incompetence...) Oh well, if this is the price one has to pay in order to realize a long-cherished dream then it's not all that bad... No one ever said a mid-life career change would be easy. Wish me luck!

A thought

Perhaps sometimes a gift can be delivered in the guise of a tragedy. It's just a matter of perception, after all. I suspect that the talent lies in looking beyond the surface to what lies beneath and beyond. And, of course, being able to make sense of it all and going on to apply that knowledge to building a productive way forward. Here's hoping.

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to

A friend recently emailed me to say that her big memory of her stay with us last year is that she had a great birthday, one of the few where she didn't 'act like a spoiled grumpy princess'. She tried to give me all the credit but as I explained to her, it was all down to having a fellow female organising the birthday fun rather than leaving it to her partner. Her email got me thinking about birthdays and how very different men and women are in their attitudes to celebrating special occasions. It also had me thinking about my birthday two years ago when I threw a major tantrum in the Carrefour car-park after being told that we were off to do the weekly shop, kids in tow, which was simply the final straw at the end of a very uninspiring day. In contrast, my birthday last year was rather lovely (a morning on my own in a spa with no mobile coverage, pure selfish bliss). This year - in a few short months, eek! - I'll be hitting the grand old age of 38. This will be my las...