Thursday, January 12, 2012

Apologies for being incommunicado this week and hope none of you out there are too distraught not to be receiving the usual almost-daily MotV missives.

The reason for the silence is that I'm up to my neck, metaphorically-speaking, in research papers for my first grad course assessment. This experience has made me realise how rigorously un-academic I am in my thinking. It has also illuminated how reliant I am on red wine in order to get through endless evenings typing furiously on my laptop, not to mention the fueling of increasingly colorful curses that I feel obliged to aim at the University's online library system which consistently refuses to spit out any of the journals I'm desperate for (I refuse to believe this is 100% due to my technical incompetence...)

Oh well, if this is the price one has to pay in order to realize a long-cherished dream then it's not all that bad... No one ever said a mid-life career change would be easy. Wish me luck!

15 comments:

A dad said...

We all know you've actually been hanging out with the young things in Mahiki ;)

Anonymous said...

Why don't you put your papers on the blog? I don't think it would be "illegal" to do so from the course perspective and the feedback might be valuable.

Anonymous said...

I HATE GRAD COURSE ASSIGNMENTS! you have my support. Love the skin your in because its the only skin youll ever get!

darren hayes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
fakhria said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dubai Xpats said...

Great post, keep up the good work!

madisonjumper2@gmail.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jony said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
auditors said...

Great post. A lot of great points. I like it. Thanks for sharing.
Dubai auditors

offshore companies said...

Great my favorite post of yours of all time.
Accountancy Firms in Dubai
offshore company dubai

dubai offshore companies said...

This unique web site is awesome. We continually come across something new as well as various appropriate here. Thank you for that data.
register offshore company in dubai

offshore dubai said...

Very rare on net to find good blogs for reading your blog is really nice with good explanation of the topic.
offshore company formation in dubai

home care services said...

Great to know about your studies and research information and points well best of luck for your career.
home care services

Ananya N said...

Keep it goin... good work