Skip to main content

A thought

Perhaps sometimes a gift can be delivered in the guise of a tragedy. It's just a matter of perception, after all.

I suspect that the talent lies in looking beyond the surface to what lies beneath and beyond. And, of course, being able to make sense of it all and going on to apply that knowledge to building a productive way forward.

Here's hoping.

Comments

A dad said…
Spot on. Take the attitude into 2012 and there'll be no stopping you!
Cherry said…
Been reading your blog for a while now. Staying positive is the only way. I had something similar a few years back and got through it and so will you.
I am get searching for informative information like this.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DubaiXpats said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kendrick said…
Thanks for the information and for sharing your knowledge.
UAE Audit
Accountancy Firms in Dubai
dubai offshore company
Really clean web site , thanks for this post.
UAE offshore company
rak companies said…
It sounds really very interesting. This is something I clearly want to consider.
rak offshore company
uae companies said…
it's one informative article for the viewers n users. I like it most.
Audit in Dubai
Lipo in Dubai said…
its really clean and good website actually its sound also good and in that way the other person easily consider on it and thanks for this nice sharing..

Popular posts from this blog

Apologies for being incommunicado this week and hope none of you out there are too distraught not to be receiving the usual almost-daily MotV missives. The reason for the silence is that I'm up to my neck, metaphorically-speaking, in research papers for my first grad course assessment. This experience has made me realise how rigorously un-academic I am in my thinking. It has also illuminated how reliant I am on red wine in order to get through endless evenings typing furiously on my laptop, not to mention the fueling of increasingly colorful curses that I feel obliged to aim at the University's online library system which consistently refuses to spit out any of the journals I'm desperate for (I refuse to believe this is 100% due to my technical incompetence...) Oh well, if this is the price one has to pay in order to realize a long-cherished dream then it's not all that bad... No one ever said a mid-life career change would be easy. Wish me luck!

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to

A friend recently emailed me to say that her big memory of her stay with us last year is that she had a great birthday, one of the few where she didn't 'act like a spoiled grumpy princess'. She tried to give me all the credit but as I explained to her, it was all down to having a fellow female organising the birthday fun rather than leaving it to her partner. Her email got me thinking about birthdays and how very different men and women are in their attitudes to celebrating special occasions. It also had me thinking about my birthday two years ago when I threw a major tantrum in the Carrefour car-park after being told that we were off to do the weekly shop, kids in tow, which was simply the final straw at the end of a very uninspiring day. In contrast, my birthday last year was rather lovely (a morning on my own in a spa with no mobile coverage, pure selfish bliss). This year - in a few short months, eek! - I'll be hitting the grand old age of 38. This will be my las...