- "I'm hungry!" "Sweetheart, it's only half past eleven, just wait half an hour and we'll have lunch." "It doesn't matter what time it is, for me its half past hungry!"
- "What's it like for animals after they get married?"
- "You're the best and wonderfulest and most beautiful mummy in the world, even with those crinkly bits on your face."
- "Mummy, let me explain something to you. I don't want to go to Kidzania because it's for kids and I'm seven years old, which is much, much bigger than a kid."
- "I really don't understand how Baby Belly can walk because her feet are so tiny and the rest of her is so so fat."
- "Is infinity an odd or an even number?"
Apologies for being incommunicado this week and hope none of you out there are too distraught not to be receiving the usual almost-daily MotV missives. The reason for the silence is that I'm up to my neck, metaphorically-speaking, in research papers for my first grad course assessment. This experience has made me realise how rigorously un-academic I am in my thinking. It has also illuminated how reliant I am on red wine in order to get through endless evenings typing furiously on my laptop, not to mention the fueling of increasingly colorful curses that I feel obliged to aim at the University's online library system which consistently refuses to spit out any of the journals I'm desperate for (I refuse to believe this is 100% due to my technical incompetence...)Oh well, if this is the price one has to pay in order to realize a long-cherished dream then it's not all that bad... No one ever said a mid-life career change would be easy. Wish me luck!