Skip to main content

Dubai Stereotypes: Botox Babe

Botox Babe is a vision in silicone. Almost entirely hand-crafted by her favorite surgeon - the divine Dr X ("I'm not a doctor, darling, I'm an artist") - at his famous clinic on the Beach Road, BB is a living monument to the single-minded pursuit of physical beauty.

Once known as plain Jumeirah Jane, BB has managed to fix all her (self-perceived) imperfections. Wrinkles? Banished! Crooked nose? Begone! Tiny boobs? Hello cleavage. Muffin top? Au revoir! Now, with regular trips to the salon for hair extensions, eyelash extensions, caviar facials and endermologie treatments (so relaxing!), BB feels she finally has the looks she deserves.

BB grins toothily as she stands in front of her bathroom mirror (lit with peach lighting for the most flattering effect), thinking that now she could give that Angelina Jolie a run for her money. In fact, BBs own lips are far more pillow-like and, if she's to be entirely honest, after popping out all those sprogs poor Ange could probably do with a bit of an uplift and a mummy-tuck. BB is very happy with hers.

As her teenage daughter comes into to the room, BBs face attempts a frown. The puppy fat, the spots, the lank hair, the nose... how is it possible that she spawned such a monster? She makes a mental note to call Dr X first thing in the morning, surely he'll see sense this time? It seems so unfair that her darling Talullah has to suffer through her teenage years as an ugly duckling, when it would be so easy to transform her into a beautiful swan.

Most likely to say: "Yes, sweetie, I really am over 40! You know, it's all down to good genes and a teeny, tiny bit of help from modern technology! Dontcha just love the 21st Century?"
Least likely to say: "I don't have time for all that beauty rubbish. A bit of a scrub with good old-fashioned soap and water and I'm good to go!"

Comments

safa silly said…
But isn't there a mini botox babe deep down inside every women? Greenham Common ladies excepted of course!! When the time comes, I am sureI could be tempted to something non invasive...
Meadows mummy said…
Amazing how Dubai makes you actually think about plastic surgery when in the past you would never of dreamt of it....
Plastic paddy said…
Tempting if you want to look like a trout! It's why Katie Prices kids look so strange!
Botox said…
Botox is useful for mothers ...
juicyfatkin said…
Agree but the longer you stay here in Dubai the more normal plastic surgery seems to become. In a few years it could seem as routine as popping to the dentist. I am hoping to resist but the pressure is high.
plastic surgery said…
Botox is a botulinum toxin, used to treat a wide range of cosmetic and medical conditions. This line of treatment products ranging from "blepharospasm" to "the reduction of glabellar line. Blepharospasm is the uncontrolled blinking eye movements while glabellar lines are the creases found between the eyebrows. Apart from faster growth, it is also considered the safest.
Kate B. said…
Guys, one day in the far far future archaeologists will be digging up the site of old Dubai and coming up with rows upon rows of silicone implants... do you really want to add to the confusion? Then again, I may well change my mind when the vanity v gravity balance really tips over. Never say never, people!
Jenny Cruz said…
Botulinum toxin is a protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum, and is extremely neurotoxic. For this treatment, Plastic surgery Beverly Hills is the best place to choose from.
Helen Carter said…
I have read a few scary stories about unlicenced Botox Practitioners operating in Dubai.
My daughter wanted Botox injections to get rid of some fine lines on her forehead. After googling around for a while we found Botox Dubai who use only "Fully qualified, professional Botox practitioners". They put us in touch with a doctor called Sanjay Parashar who did an excellent job. My daughter said he was very gentle and she didn't feel a thing. I might even try it myself now.
Anonymous said…
Still it is FDA approves the safest, no valid complaints yet.

botox Houston
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
very nice for further help check Botox in Dubai
Botoxindubai said…
i suggest u guys to visit this facebook Page
and get info about Botox

Popular posts from this blog

Apologies for being incommunicado this week and hope none of you out there are too distraught not to be receiving the usual almost-daily MotV missives. The reason for the silence is that I'm up to my neck, metaphorically-speaking, in research papers for my first grad course assessment. This experience has made me realise how rigorously un-academic I am in my thinking. It has also illuminated how reliant I am on red wine in order to get through endless evenings typing furiously on my laptop, not to mention the fueling of increasingly colorful curses that I feel obliged to aim at the University's online library system which consistently refuses to spit out any of the journals I'm desperate for (I refuse to believe this is 100% due to my technical incompetence...) Oh well, if this is the price one has to pay in order to realize a long-cherished dream then it's not all that bad... No one ever said a mid-life career change would be easy. Wish me luck!

Environment

Being an expat, a favorite topic of conversation is 'where I/you want to go next?' or 'When do you plan to go home?' It's a good question. I'm not sure I want to stay in Dubai for ever, but I'm also not sure about how long I want to be here for or where else I would like to live. For almost the first time ever, I have no fixed plans apart from keeping my eyes and mind open to interesting opportunities. And as to going 'home', I have no idea where that is. Constantly moving around as a child left me with the feeling that 'home' is wherever I am right now, so in effect 'home' could be anywhere. The longest I've ever lived in one fixed place was 18 years in London, on and off, but that doesn't feel like 'home' either - I love going back to see family and friends, and it's a great place to shop, but that's about it. I have a great love for California, which is where my extended family is from (and where most of the