Wednesday, August 23, 2006

offense taken

The glorified dildoes are in full control of the blog this week. Can you just feel the groundswell among the MILF cognoscenti?
I'm told that my heartfelt post--the one about kid 2--contained at least one self-centered, thoughtless observation. I described the upside of further procreation as follows: "A few years of discomfort and zero sex=a real family life with two sing-song voices little voices, another round of ballet recitals" etc. etc.
To which Manhattan Mama was inspired to send this off-blog communication: "... have to add that it's more than a few years of discomfort. It's also more permanent stretch marks, weight gain, scars, needles in the spinal cord, surgery, enormous nursing bras--for some of us."
No dispute on the accuracy of the "zero sex" aspect, btw.
All true on her end of childbirth, I have to say. But it sounds like MM forgot this blog isn't really about her this week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with Manhattan Mama. Not to mention the pain, the misery and the men telling us its not so bad. Think yourself lucky Mr Prince.

Sugarmama said...

I know this is not the prevailing attitude in much of the mommyblog world, but I'm going to say this anyway. Yes, pregnancy is hard on the body, but just getting older does far more damage, doesn't it? So who cares? You can't keep it forever.

That said, I do miss intensely the loss of sleep, free time, and general flexibility. Which is why I'd like to go ahead and get Kid #3...uh, underway. To keep the tough years from stretching on and on. As the mama of 2 kids with a 7-year gap between them, I found it hard indeed to go back to baby-tending after being used to the reduced needs of a big girl. I DO want my grown-up life back at some point, but with plenty of kids to enrich it.

Yummy London Mummy said...

Alpha Male sends his apologies - he will not be posting tonight as he is out boozing with the lads. It may be though that he fulfils Minehaha's fondest wish and does an inebriated post later tonight... wait and see...

alphamale said...

Good point Sugarmama. We have two and would like to either get the third out of the way or leave a gap so we can enjoy the kids now that they are no longer just poo machines. It's also nice for me to have my wife back as a human after 3 years of hormone-induced mania.

alphamale said...

I can see you in an enormous nursing bra Senor Prince.