So the Rabbit came down with a fever, and The Prince decided not to risk our going out. Yep, cooled my jets at home watching dust collect on the satin shoes. Oh, and launched a fairly decent row with The Prince.
It's not that I desperately wanted to go to the black tie event -- wouldn't have known anyone. Raining last night. And I was worried about The Rabbit. Still, I would have liked him to offer another night out with me and my carefully created creation.
What did it take for me to pull this all together?
1. Haircut and highlights (first time in 4 months...)
2. Shopping trip (see below)
3. Arranging babysitter (sounds silly, but not easy task for me)
4. Attempt to scrub inch-thick callouses off heels (backless shoes)
5. Self-manicure (I know, I know) on day The Rabbit decides to play with glitter glue
What did The Prince do? Put on suit.
After I told him that I was disappointed, that it took a lot of work for me to get ready he said, (drum roll please) "You need to get out more."
What do you think? Week of silence? or Drinks with the girls every night next week?