Fun and games so far:
- I came face-to-face with the Negotiation Demon (an author's agent, and boy, was she a piece of work), pulled my hard-ass mask on, and won. Pat on the back for moi. (Although if I'm honest, the past few years of negotiating TV and chocolate consumption rights with Firstborn has left me more than prepared for big girl battle, at least the Demon didn't hit me or try to smear her bogies on my jeans).
- I made a tit of myself in front of the MD (in my defence, I was operating on diminished mental capacities, due to the Small(er) One being on sleep strike.) It was a Moment of Shame.
- I had a client lunch at The Ivy and didn't see one celebrity, not even a small one. I am seriously disappointed - how am I ever going to win the office celebrity spotting challenge?
- My multi-tasking skills have reached new heights; speed-ironing at 6am while applying mascara, locating my handbag (the girls secrete it in their special Tardis-like hideyplace every morning without fail), scraping the Small(er) One's Weetabix from my shoes (throwing cereal is the new giggle-provoking form of entertainment in this household), unloading the dishwasher, doing all essential paperwork, cutting a swathe through the toy mountain, finding whatever it is Alpha Male has lost at any given moment, and dispensing enough kisses, hugs and admonishments to keep the girls going throughout the day. I need a wife.
- The Small(er) One uttered her first sentence: "Me me poo poo" (coupled with revolted expression on cherubic face and a chubby yet imperious finger jab at the offending nappy). How proud was I? It nearly brought tears to my eyes.
- Completed on the purchase of the new flat. Goodbye suburbia! Hello Urban Outfitters and Barker's within trotting distance (and no doubt, goodbye solvency). Some minor remodelling and we should be inhaling Zone 1 traffic fumes within the month. Yay!
- Discovered the joys of Pret A Manger yoghurt brownie pots. Divine.
- And as an add-on to MM's previous post, found my first white hair (white! not grey! euww) and am starting to think of Botox as a viable option rather than a joke.
God, my life is beyond exciting at the moment.