Thursday, November 03, 2011

Stroller Mishaps and Small Pickpockets

Stumbled upon this little gem ... a mom arrested for forgetting to pay for her sandwich when checking out at the grocery store. What mom hasn't had her darling creatures throw a few little goodies in her basket at the grocery? Who among us haven't found a lone banana or small item in the stroller seat after a push through for milk? And who hasn't had a moment of blankness in their pregnancy? Empathy was not the code word in this story.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! The zombie mind of the new parent can lead to a criminal record. And those little darlings in the buggy couldn't care less. Leave them at home and fit in a manicure around the tedious and expensive grocery trip...

FNB said...

So unfair, if you think about the amount of shopping you leave at the checkout over the course of the first 3 years due to baby brain and toddler tantrums it must balance out?! I remember being so paranoid about forgetting the baby I left my entire grocery shop behind once, I got as far as the car before the security guard caught up with me, carrying all my bags!

Manhattan Mama said...

So true anonymous. Zombie mind. Apt description. And FNB - I did that exact thing once, leaving the shop behind. Sometimes it's a toss up: remembering the creature vs. the goods.