A selection of the excuses used recently to delay the inevitable onset of the dreaded bedtime (some sweeter than others) ...
- "But I can't go to sleep yet! I don't know what to dream about."
- "There's a scary noise in my room. I think it might be a vampire."
- "I'm h-u-n-g-r-y!"
- "My pajamas make me itchy."
- "I've been trying to count sheep but they keep running away."
- "Firstborn keeps farting really loudly and it's waking me up."
- "I can't get to sleep because I keep worrying that you're all going to die and then I'll be all alone."
- Thirty minutes after being put to bed: "I've been to sleep already and I'm not tired anymore."
- "My bed's scary. Can I sleep in your room so I can smell you on your pillow?"