My own personal favorites, some cheaper than others but all exciting in their own small way:
1) A sudden surprise cuddle and declaration of love from my husband and/or daughters
2) Putting the i-Pod on shuffle and rediscovering a brilliant once loved but long forgotten song
3) Running into a good friend while out doing chores and going naughtily 'off-schedule' for a spontaneous coffee or lunch
4) Finding the perfect pair of trousers at a knockdown price in the sales, then getting to the till and discovering they've been marked down by a further 20%.... ahhhh
5) A packet of Walker's Cheese & Onion crisps, consumed in solitary silence
6) Discovering a love note from one of the kids left on my pillow, peppered with amusingly creative spelling and crafted with childish passion
7) During the annual wardrobe cull, trying on an old dress which turns out to fit perfectly and is just right for an upcoming big event
8) Getting to a new pack of Basset's jelly babies first and scoffing all the pink and green ones before anyone else can get a look in. Hurrah!
9) Watching the hummingbirds dart around our garden
10) A quiet night in with Alpha and a really decent new box set (current addiction: The Unit)
Ahhh. Life is good.