Here's the good stuff:
- Daily sunshine and swimming
- A live-in maid (Alpha's trump card when I initially baulked at the idea)
- School fees paid for by Alpha's new employer (something we could never afford to pay for on our own)
- The chance to learn a new language
- The chance to meet lots of new people (hopefully nice ones)
- The opportunity to take my career in a new direction (I'll be setting up a branch of my PR company over there - if all goes to plan)
- Lots of new material for the blog!!
And the iffy stuff:
- The heat and humidity during the summer months is unbearable
- Dubai is a bit of a weird place, imagine Disneyland mixed with Milton Keynes...
- What if we don't meet anyone nice? What if other Dubai ex-pats yada yada all the time about how much money they have and the gold trim they've had custom-fitted in the loos of their latest mega-yatch? Arggh.
- You have to get a special permit to drink alcohol at home (eek)
- The kids will probably end up with funny accents and start behaving like spoilt brats
- What will I do without my monthly blitz at TK Maxx??
- What if nobody comes out to visit us? (gloom)