Skip to main content

The ultimate shopping fix?

Oh dear. I have found yet another excuse to postpone making the curtains for the nursery class Wendy House. The laundry mountain has (literally) hit the roof. The hem on Firstborn's school dress is still hanging down. The dishwasher languishes. Dust gathers. Chaos reigns.

But I just can't help it. I have found my ultimate fantasy shopping fix and it may be a while before I'm sated. Imagine Facebook with decent graphics, no spotty teenagers and a hefty dose of Net-a-porter/ other delightful shopping site.

Check it out: http://www.myfaveshop.com/.

Ahhhh, bliss.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sound brilliant! Think that I have heard of it actually, as if I need anything else to tempt me to spend money.

Also happy birthday firstborn!
Kate B. said…
Thank you mm. I know, the spending money thing haunts me on a daily basis. However, the beauty of this clever little site is that you can simply pretend to spend money - oddly the act of adding all these desirable things into my virtual shop has sated my desire of ownership without having to flash any cash. Genius!
Kate B. said…
Oh, forgot to say that you can spend money if you want to, quite easily and probably in gigantic amounts if the desire were to strike.

In my case, sadly, Alpha has put a ban on me buying anything due to the fact that I will be a wageless destitute in two short weeks, so fantasy is the only thing I have to cling on to... sob.

Popular posts from this blog

Apologies for being incommunicado this week and hope none of you out there are too distraught not to be receiving the usual almost-daily MotV missives. The reason for the silence is that I'm up to my neck, metaphorically-speaking, in research papers for my first grad course assessment. This experience has made me realise how rigorously un-academic I am in my thinking. It has also illuminated how reliant I am on red wine in order to get through endless evenings typing furiously on my laptop, not to mention the fueling of increasingly colorful curses that I feel obliged to aim at the University's online library system which consistently refuses to spit out any of the journals I'm desperate for (I refuse to believe this is 100% due to my technical incompetence...) Oh well, if this is the price one has to pay in order to realize a long-cherished dream then it's not all that bad... No one ever said a mid-life career change would be easy. Wish me luck!

A thought

Perhaps sometimes a gift can be delivered in the guise of a tragedy. It's just a matter of perception, after all. I suspect that the talent lies in looking beyond the surface to what lies beneath and beyond. And, of course, being able to make sense of it all and going on to apply that knowledge to building a productive way forward. Here's hoping.

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to

A friend recently emailed me to say that her big memory of her stay with us last year is that she had a great birthday, one of the few where she didn't 'act like a spoiled grumpy princess'. She tried to give me all the credit but as I explained to her, it was all down to having a fellow female organising the birthday fun rather than leaving it to her partner. Her email got me thinking about birthdays and how very different men and women are in their attitudes to celebrating special occasions. It also had me thinking about my birthday two years ago when I threw a major tantrum in the Carrefour car-park after being told that we were off to do the weekly shop, kids in tow, which was simply the final straw at the end of a very uninspiring day. In contrast, my birthday last year was rather lovely (a morning on my own in a spa with no mobile coverage, pure selfish bliss). This year - in a few short months, eek! - I'll be hitting the grand old age of 38. This will be my las...