Day 5: where YLM searched for financial enlightenment and succeeded only in sending herself to sleep
Oh, will this experiment never end... I am starting to bore myself with having to confront the evidence of my dreary daily routine. Bankruptcy is starting to look like an attractive alternative to penny-pinching penury.
Questions I need to ask myself:
- Why do I never go anywhere except for Pret-a-Manger, Starbucks and the newsagent on the way home from work?
- Why do I eat and drink the same things every single day?Also, why do I rarely eat anything fruit-like during daylight hours?
- Why do I smoke so much? It's not like I have the excuse of the foolishness of youth anymore.
- Why isn't this the week that I'm doing something glamorous or even vaguely interesting? I do go out sometimes, honestly!
- Is the moon made of cheese? And if so, what kind (because if it's Gorgonzola I'm really not interested)?
- Does my hugely expensive flight to LA count for Saturday's blog post? I bought it a while ago but surely I can add it in just for a smidgen of added interest? Yes, no?
Just overheard the presenter on BBC News 24 say "saving is the new splurge." What?