1. I will learn to say "sorry" and mean it
2. I will get my ass out of bed in the morning without cursing and bitching
3. I will fold the laundry once it is dry rather than leaving it in a heap for a week
4. I will stop obsessing about my wrinkles; instead I will cleanse and moisturise properly, drink water instead of Diet Coke and learn to love the character my, um, 'laughter lines' give me
5. Ditto tummy flub; instead I will do sit-ups every morning, drink more water, hold myself upright instead of slumping and stop trying to pretend I am ever going to have the body of an eighteen-year-old again
6. I will stop flicking my cigarette butts into the garden (yeah, I know this should read 'I will ditch my unwholesome reliance on Marloboro Lights' but hey, one thing at a time)
7. I will make more of an effort with the other parents at Firstborn's school and I will stop trying to make Alpha go to all the kiddie parties on his own by pretending I have something essential to do elsewhere (i.e. haircut, shopping, lying on the sofa)
8. I will try to be more understanding regarding Firstborn and the Small(er) One's utter failure to grasp the concept of time - so what if we're late for everything?
9. I will read the kids a story every night, no matter how tired I am or how pressing the work deadline
10. I will learn to be grateful, to relax and absorb the many wonderful things in my life, rather than fixating on achieving the next goal. I have many blessings which deserve my full concentration right now.
Happy New Year!