Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Top Ten Stupid Things People Say to Mamas

10. She looks JUST like your husband! I don't even see you in her. Huh. Nope.
9. So...have you talked about having another? How old are you now?
8. I came home from the hospital in my regular jeans. Just one of those lucky ones.
7. Want ta trade?
6. Children do better when their mothers relax a little.
5. I've always thought pink on girls was a cliche.
4. Really? She can't write her name/read/ride a bike yet?
3. Boy, she looks nothing like you. Guess you'll have to have a second one for you!
2. Did you ever think about holding her back a year?
1. Don't worry.

4 comments:

Sugarmama said...

Don't you just want to slap the hands of ANYONE who says #7 to you? Especially when your girl so clearly doesn't want to be anywhere but on you? Yeah.

And I think a perfectly suitable response to #8 is something like, "Oh my God! Your baby must've been so underweight! I hope s/he didn't have any health problems!"

Bec of the Ladies Lounge said...

I've had the reverse of number 10 many times, and often felt like saying: "Well, I sleep around a lot, it's hard to say who her real dad is."

But I haven't. Yet.

Brony said...

Love it. Thanks for the smile.

Fertile Myrtle said...

I just had to laugh, but in all seriousness to add insult to injury is when it is another Mama being snide and rude, and shall we say mean, ugly and competitive? This is my first visit to your blog, but have really enjoyed your posts! I will definitely have to come back and visit often!